The long term goal of this at the moment is to create an enviroment that is at least semi-autonomous in maintaining itself. I currently use this for learning and experimenting with ideas, concepts and technologies.
Currently my lab is using ~90 watts power (~2.16 kWh/day). The lab consists of the following hardware:
- Mikrotik CRS109-8G-1S-2HnD-IN Router
- Cisco SG300-10 Managed Switch
- CyberPower UPS PR750ELCD
- Intel NUC 6i5SYH (32GB DDR4 RAM, 480GB SSD)
- Whitebox NAS
- U-NAS NSC-810A Server Chassis
- Seasonic SS-350M1U Mini 1U PSU
- Supermicro X10SLM-F Motherboard
- Intel Core i3-4170 3.7Ghz CPU
- 16GB ECC DDR3 RAM
- 6x 3TB WD Red HDD
- 120GB SSD (OS)
I am using the Microserver as my main VM hypervisor. It is being used to run various services including DNS, DHCP, Monitoring, Log collection and Configuration Management.
Lines of Config Management Code